"My Favorite Things" is a song sung by Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. This song was also one of the first songs I learned during voice lessons as a child.
Anyway, this song always seems to play in my head during the holidays so I thought I'd list some of my favorite things...
1. Hot tea (green, chai, peppermint with a hint of chocolate, ginger, lavender)
3. The lovely scent of pumpkin, vanilla, hazelnut, and coffee
4. Breakfast and lunch with Derek at either Panera Bread or a cafe in Boulder City
5. Late night dinners with Derek
7. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
8. Pumpkin Pie
9. Molten Chocolate Cake
10. Beautiful wedding photography
12. Good music
13. Ferraro Rocher
14. Tomato Bisque and a grilled sandwich
15. My dad's teriyaki sauce (but we're Chinese not Japanese. He had a great Japanese chef for a teacher)
16. Lavender (the plant). I love it in milk tea and I love the scent.
17. The day it snowed in Las Vegas for over 8 hours
18. Snowboarding once a year
19. Live music
20. Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics and Christmas albums
21. Messenger bags
22. My UGG boots
24. A big warm comforter
25. Water fountains (the décor item, not the thing you drink out of as a kid)
28. Afternoon tea
29.Truffle oil (even tough my tennis player husband says they smell like a can of tennis balls)
30. The sound of my nephew's laughter
What are some of your favorite things?