As the temperature is rapidly increasing in Las Vegas and other parts of the country, I'm reminded that I should do a blog post on summer weddings in Las Vegas. Unlike many other cities, the summer months are off peak wedding months for us. The weather is scorching hot and it's typically miserable outside. However, weddings still take place everyday in Las Vegas and my own wedding even took place in July while it was 118 degrees outside! The plus side to that is that I usually don't have weddings on my anniversary! Anyway, here are a few of my tips and ideas to keep in mind while planning a summer wedding:
- Provide your guests with either bottled water or a water station upon arrival to the ceremony. It's important for guests to stay hydrated and they'll thank you for thinking of that for them. You can even incorporate it into your wedding design. Custom labels for water bottles are fun or color coordinated water stations with infused fruits are fun and refreshing.
- Make sunscreen available at the entrance to the ceremony. This is a nice option especially for those guests who burn easily!
- Fans - Paper fans can either incorporate your color scheme or include your program directly on them. Or how about the motorized fans?
- Sunglasses - Buy sunglasses in bulk and place them on a table for guests to pick up upon arrival.
- Popsicles - gourmet sweet and savory popsicles. The possibilities are endless here.
- Bug repellent. Thankfully, we don't have to worry too much about mosquitoes in Las Vegas. But, this may be a good idea in other parts of the country.
- How about a gelato, frozen yogurt, shaved ice, or ice cream bar? Or an ice cream truck?
- When deciding on the menu for your lunch or dinner reception, choose lighter items. Go for refreshing options and non creamy sauces and dressings. I love the idea of a watermelon gazpacho, sorbet intermezzo, a salad with a vinaigrette and fresh berries, to name a few.
For a complimentary consultation for wedding planning services, please email us: email@example.com