We are so honored to be featured on Style Me Pretty California! Shanna and Gary were married this past April at the beautiful La Venta Inn in Palos Verdes Estates, California. When we arrived to the destination, Angelica and I were totally blown away by the breathtaking view of both the ocean and the city from the ceremony site. What a nice backdrop to have while you say your vows! Shanna and Gary planned a perfect blend of a modern and vintage wedding. Their wedding was a beautiful reflection of them as individuals and as a couple. Angelica and I had such a great time coordinating their wedding! As much as we enjoy planning and coordinating weddings in Las Vegas, this was a wonderful experience and a nice change of scenery!
Wedding Coordination: Green Orchid Events Wedding Photography: Youkeun Oh Photography; Wedding Cinematography: On Tape Video Productions Wedding Venue: La Venta Inn in Palos Verdes Estates, California Floral Design: Be Buds Florist, Inc. Officiant: Cameron Bell Wedding Cake + Desserts: Mayers Bakery Ceremony Musicians: Pat Maki Players; DJ: Spring Austin of Skyline Entertainment Photo Booth: Cheesy Photobooths Transportation: One World Limousine Cards, Mr. & Mrs. + 04.28.12 Signs: Lazy Caterpillar Shutters: Vintage Suitcase: From the Bride’s Grandfather / Big Tag Signs: Magnolia Lane / Escort Cards, Photo Booth Sign + Seating Sign: DIY Wedding Dress: Unknown Designer via The Wedding Bell / Bride’s Sash: Alfred Angelo / Bride’s Shoes: Target / Bride’s Earrings: Nordstrom / Bride’s Hair Piece: Amoretto / Bride’s Veil: Royal Accessories Hair: Georgia of Nicole DeAnne and Associates Makeup: Nicole DeAnne and Associates Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Donna Morgan via Nordstrom, Carol Hannah + Alfred Sung / Bridesmaids’ Shoes: Nine West Men’s Suits: Jean Yves “Savoy” / Men’s Bow Ties: Dessy / Men’s Socks: Hugo Boss / Men’s Shoes: Converse
For a complimentary consultation for wedding planning services, please email us: email@example.com
It would take too many blog posts to describe how special this bride and groom are. We were honored to have been able to coordinate this beautiful wedding and it was nice to leave Las Vegas for a few days in July!
It goes without saying that Las Vegas is a destination wedding town - most of our clients are coming from all over the country and world and even planning some extravagant affairs. A common statement is that they want their guests to have fun and enjoy their time here since it is also a vacation. Common questions we get are "what should we put in our Las Vegas themed welcome bags?". Here are some of my ideas:
- A nice welcome note handwritten by you
- Since your guests will likely be here for a few days, it would be nice to put an itinerary in the welcome bags (it may be redundant if this is already on your wedding website but hopefully people will not be too connected while away on vacation!)
- Lotion - It's an extremely dry climate here
- Eye drops - Again, it's very dry here and your guests will be thankful
- Poker chip - yes, a real one
- If you're hired a local wedding planner, ask her for some restaurant, show, and activity suggestions
- Mini fan
- Starbucks gift card
- Bottles of water to ensure they stay hydrated
- A few small bags of snacks
- Shot glass souvenir
- Splits of Champagne, sparkling wine, and/or apple cider
- If feasible, a custom designed map by Laura Hooper is a nice added touch:
Place all items in a bag with the Las Vegas skyline (they didn't have an example for Las Vegas but you get the picture):
What are some of your ideas for welcome bags?