It hit me. I received a notice to renew my business license and just like that, I happily survived my first year of owning Green Orchid Events.
Couples now a days are not the couples who have dreamed of their weddings since they were little kids. They were too busy wondering what they were going to be when they grow up! Careers have taken precedence and people are waiting later in life to get married.
Timing is everything and it sure was when it came to Britany and Kevin meeting! Five years ago they saw each other for the first time.
I am a huge believer in being at the right place at the right time and Sarah and Kevin were at the right place at the right time when they met teaching at the same school here in Las Vegas.
Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Angelica McDonnell and I am the OWNER of Green Orchid Events!
Our friends and amazing stationery company, Paper and Home put together one lovely night filled with wedding professionals, brides, and grooms for The Art of Wedding Planning. West Elm was the perfect backdrop for this event. When I walked in I had to hold back from buying one of everything in the store. I was honored to be one of the planners who spoke on the panel discussing different topics on how to design your wedding and make it your own. It was nice sitting up there amongst my fellow wedding planners hearing their take on different topics as well. Seeing so many talented people in on room was very inspiring and I loved that we could all come together as one group for The Art of Wedding Planning. Thank you to Alt F Photographers and Memory Lane Video for capturing the event beautifully!
- Event Organizer: Paper and Home
- Event Photography and Videography: Alt F Photographers and Memory Lane Video
- Step and Repeat: ShutterBooth of Las Vegas
- Wedding Invitations and Chalkboard Art: Paper and Home
- Lighting: LED Unplugged
- Floral: Naakiti Floral Design
- Floral: Flora Couture
- Bridemaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Wedding dress: Mina Olive
- Spectacular Bride Magazine & Bridal Spectacular wedding show
- Tablescape by Pottery Barn
- Wedding jewelry by Tower of Jewels
- Wedding cake and desserts by Peridot Sweets
- Wedding cake and desserts by Gimme Some Sugar
- Wedding officiants by Peachy Keen Unions
- Wedding hair and makeup by Amelia C & Co
- Hair by Square Colour Salon + Spa
- Tuxedos by Tuxedo Junction
- DJ and Emcee: Sound Fusion Entertainment
- Additional Exhibitors: A Perfect Wedding Dance, Adam Frazier Photography, J. Anne Photography, Williams Sonoma
I saw this on the Iris Fields Guide to Wedding and Event Planning blog and had to share it with my readers as well. Wedding Planner Mary Dann-McNamee recently wrote an article in Inside Weddings magazine on "The Ways a Catering Manager and Wedding Planner Differ. My favorite quote: The jobs of both the wedding planner and the catering manager are extremely important entities for a large event, and need to be looked at as complementary forces, not as competitive ones. In that same vein, they each have separate and very different job functions and should not be depended upon do the job of the other.
The article includes a useful bullet point list of duties of both the wedding planner and catering manager so be sure to read the full article here.